My fretless inspiration

point19

My fretless inspiration

Post by point19 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:13 pm

Probably my first experience with hearing a fretless (and comprehending what it was) had to be when the "Sailing The Seas of Cheese" disc came out.

Now, my inspiration to actually procure a fretless is actually from Pink Floyd. The beginning of "Hey You". The ironic thing is that I actually do not even care for Floyd (though their musicianship is undeniable).

point19

Post by point19 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:15 pm

Okay, so I apparently made a new thread with this.... I do apologize. Supposed to be in a different thread :lol:

Fret Not

Hey You

Post by Fret Not » Mon May 07, 2007 3:34 am

I was surprised Hey You fretless sounded so good coming from the wicked Roger Waters :) Then I discovered it is actually the magnificent Sir Dave Gilmour producing those subtle, expressive notes. So that explains it. Once again the lead guitarist's melodic approach working so well on fretless.

point19

Re: Hey You

Post by point19 » Mon May 07, 2007 2:39 pm

Fret Not wrote:I was surprised Hey You fretless sounded so good coming from the wicked Roger Waters :) Then I discovered it is actually the magnificent Sir Dave Gilmour producing those subtle, expressive notes. So that explains it. Once again the lead guitarist's melodic approach working so well on fretless.
I was actually shocked to find out that it was Gilmour, myself. It was nothing fancy, but really struck a "chord" with me (couldn't resist :D ). That is a sign, to me, of a great riff and musician.