New Member Here

blue_soul

New Member Here

Post by blue_soul » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:44 pm

Hi all!

New member here. Although I started out playing bass (with the Ventures on a Mickey Mouse plastic guitar), I soon switched to six string but recently have felt a growing passion to prosper on bass as well. Mostly thanks to my brother who's a player and Marcus Miller, Victor Wooten, Norm Stockton, et al fan. So my Christmas present to myself was a Rogue fretless and Acoustic B100... which I just swapped for the B200! :-D

Having already lurked and sampled some of the music this looks like the place to be so I'm here. Thanks to the owners for spotlighting fretless and the members for offering great advice.

NickBass

Post by NickBass » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:49 am

hi Blue soul, welcome to fretlessbass!!
Rogue's really a nice axe!! :)

RichmanRush

Post by RichmanRush » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:19 pm

Welcome to the forums and the world of fretless bass!

How do you like the Rogue fretless? I've never played a Rogue before but have always heard good things about them for the price. Stick around and join in on the conversations and feel free to ask any questions that you may have. Friendly folk here.

blue_soul

Post by blue_soul » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:31 pm

NickBass wrote:hi Blue soul, welcome to fretlessbass!!
Rogue's really a nice axe!! :)
Hey thanks. It's an OK starter bass and good for laying tracks down. :)

blue_soul

Post by blue_soul » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:38 pm

RichmanRush wrote:Welcome to the forums and the world of fretless bass!

How do you like the Rogue fretless?
Richman it's certainly worth the $119 and even a bit more. The blue finish is really pretty and seems solid. The hardware (except cheesy strap holders) is OK. The fit is kinda rough... pickups that don't adjust and bridge saddles that rub each other like crowded teeth! But it's all good. The truss rod works well and I've got the strings lowered nicely and the axe intonated.

I'll definitely hang out more here.

alx

Post by alx » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:22 pm

hello, I am new too .., I am Italian, and forgive my mistakes in a foreign language ..

I own an Eko jazz bass fretless jaco style, economic..
bass guitar had fret ,I have them removed, I filled the grooves with putty and I have treated the surface with cyanoacrylate..Then I spent abrasive paper, bringing the entire surface..
the p.u. are fender custom shop ..

but then I'm buying a fender jazz bass neck fretless (mexico) and buy a good jazz bass body, so I can assemble a better fretless bass

good things at all!
I'M ITALIAN,EXCUSE MY LANGUAGE..

FretLessSince68

Post by FretLessSince68 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Welcome to Fretless Bass dot com.

Modifying, building, and setting up your own fretless basses is perhaps the best way to really learn about how the instrument works, and get exactly what you prefer.

Some custom builds turn out superior, and others are lacking for unknown reasons having nothing to do with quality parts or workmanship.

Keep on building and soon you will get the big picture of what makes a great fretless.

I have learned that the neck is the heart and soul of the instrument, if you have a good neck with no dead spots or defects you will probably end up with a good bass.
One good note makes my day.

NickBass

Post by NickBass » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:44 am

alx wrote:hello, I am new too .., I am Italian, and forgive my mistakes in a foreign language ..

I own an Eko jazz bass fretless jaco style, economic..
bass guitar had fret ,I have them removed, I filled the grooves with putty and I have treated the surface with cyanoacrylate..Then I spent abrasive paper, bringing the entire surface..
the p.u. are fender custom shop ..

but then I'm buying a fender jazz bass neck fretless (mexico) and buy a good jazz bass body, so I can assemble a better fretless bass

good things at all!
Another italian guy!! Ciao!

alx

Post by alx » Fri May 01, 2009 6:18 am

welcome!!

good fretless!!
I'M ITALIAN,EXCUSE MY LANGUAGE..