New to fretless

BTLowe

New to fretless

Post by BTLowe » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forum and am looking at purchasing my first fretless soon. I was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direct.
First, I played a used Fender American deluxe fretless. It sounds great and feels good. The price really has me attracted; $700. Can anyone offer some expert insight into this model? I would also like some feedback on other possibilities. I would like to keep the price tag below $1000.
And do you recommend going with a bass without fetline markers? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
One last question, what is ment by the need to master intonation?
Thanks

FretLessSince68

Post by FretLessSince68 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:04 pm

I like the Yamaha bolt-on TRB (4, 5, or 6) IIFP

F= Fretless
P= Piezo P/U added.

Great axe for the money.

The TRB 4IIF without the piezo is good too.

Look on ebay.

Welcome to fretlessbass.com
One good note makes my day.

FunkDaFied

Re: New to fretless

Post by FunkDaFied » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:24 pm

BTLowe wrote:Hi, I'm new to the forum and am looking at purchasing my first fretless soon. I was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direct.
First, I played a used Fender American deluxe fretless. It sounds great and feels good. The price really has me attracted; $700. Can anyone offer some expert insight into this model? I would also like some feedback on other possibilities. I would like to keep the price tag below $1000.
And do you recommend going with a bass without fetline markers? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
One last question, what is ment by the need to master intonation?
Thanks
hi,
you should have look to Ibanez's products. The GWB35 is pretty good.
The line marker allows you to play good. It cost less than 700$.
Personnaly, I prefer playing 6 strings bass. 5 strings is good enough to start .
Bassicaly yours... FunkDaFied

http://www.myspace.com/dabass