G'day from a new member

kiwi60

G'day from a new member

Post by kiwi60 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:27 pm

G'day from New Zealand, I've been visiting the fretlessbass.com site for a year or so and thought it was high time that I made myself known.

I've been interested in fretless basses for a long time (decades), and finally got round to de-fretting an el'cheapo jazz bass copy a couple of years ago.
I thought long and hard about how to protect the rosewood fingerboard from wearing with round wound strings and ended up using 'superglue'. 5 coats followed by fine rubbing back with a stewmac radius board has given me a glass like coating that hasn't worn at all after years of use :)

Currently I'm playing a Lakland Joe Osborne 5 fretted bass, the budget fretless, and using a Markbass CMD103H combo with my jazz band.
Were getting a lot more work again now that the economy is picking up so I'll be in the market for a better fretless bass soon, but I'll no doubt pick all your brains in another thread.

Anyway, it's time to head out and earn a few $$$ for the day to all the best and I'll be back soon.
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “