Challenging Sentimental Project. Converted Carvin

Trykon300

Challenging Sentimental Project. Converted Carvin

Post by Trykon300 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Thanks to all of you for your posts and information. I purchased an American Deluxe Jazz, and decided to convert my Carvin to a fretless. I didnt know about fret pullers so I used a paddle bit to knock them out and a drill bit to drill out the dots. I filled with wood filler, sanding between layers and feathering down to the ebony. The final two layes I mixed wood glue in with the filler for a smoother finish. Then I used Mirror Coat by System Three Epoxies. I put 6 layers on thin and then sanded the radius by eyeball. Then I wet sanded up to 3000 grit paper. I used turtle wax polishing compound and elbow grease for the polish. Its not professional, but Im pretty happy with the outcome and the sound. It gave it a great mwuah sound midrange and up. I will most likely replace electronics with Bartolinis, but Im pretty impressed so far. Im operating from my phone momentarily but when My wife gets off the laptop, Im gonna upload some photos. [/quote]

Trykon300

Post by Trykon300 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Nevermind, I'm pretty new to this site and the photo upload is different. I'd love to show pics but the site says available in 24 hours.