New to the forum

Jason

New to the forum

Post by Jason » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:14 pm

Hi, my name's jason just logged in for the first time on FB.com.
I'm from the UK, looking forward to some fretless zone convo's. :D

mick monger

Hello Jason

Post by mick monger » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:59 pm

Howdy Mister! Tell us what's happening in the UK, mate! Played bass for awhile? Favorite players?
Tell us about yourself......
Mickey Hill

Jason

Re: Hello Jason

Post by Jason » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:54 pm

mick monger wrote:Howdy Mister! Tell us what's happening in the UK, mate! Played bass for awhile? Favorite players?
Tell us about yourself......
Hi mick, been playing for over 20 years with various cover/original bands, I've been part of a few self financed albums with plenty of unknown musicians :D My biggest claim to fame is being lucky enough to record and tour with Ex Budgie drummer Ray phillips.

My tastes in music vary considerably from raw hard rock to fusion, prog, jazz, metal, anything that's good really i get into!

I have a huge list of fave bass players, but at the moment getting into Percy Jones and BrandX.

In my part of the UK it's very difficult to get regular work doing the material my current band write, but we're trying :D

Cheers, Jason

mick monger

UK rocks!!

Post by mick monger » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:21 am

Thanks for checking in - I must tell ya - we had a cover band back in 81-83, that played almost entirely, Budgie songs. I was most heartened to hear of your connection, back then we didn't know about the early stuff, or that they were still going without Tony B at that time. Out here in South Dakota, we only knew what the MCA big-label records were. All the songs are favorites, Jason. All Nite Petrol, mate!
But your interest goes beyond that. Playing fretless these days? I'd love to hear your work, hear what yer up to....I did catch Robin Trower this last Summer, we enjoyed hearing their British accents as they talked with us, you don't hear it much in our Midwest. Another favorite, I waited 40 years to see him, we were knocked out. They were very happy to meet the fans, later. His politeness was most impressive.
I've played Bass for many years, still enjoy learning. Just viewed a Jaco video, and that will charge my batteries for awhile. I have half a dozen Fender Basses, the last on eis missing frets - a whole new world! PEACE, brother man......nice to hear from you. Keep writing!
Mickey Hill

Jason

Post by Jason » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:24 pm

Hi Mick, I use a Fender Deluxe Jazz Fretless and I have the Geddy Lee Artist Series Bass, both basses are awesome Fender got it right again!! Although its Fender for me every time.
The only recording at the moment with fretless is on the myspace link, the track called Mung is all fretless, hopefully get much more recorded soon I use Sonar 4 and Wavelab.
My Band Multi-storey earthworm are due to record 3 tracks with a session drummer in the next few weeks, I'll be using the Deluxe on those sessions :D
I'll let you know when we get the tracks down.

Whorrible

Post by Whorrible » Sat May 12, 2007 3:10 pm