Hi everybody!

NickBass

Hi everybody!

Post by NickBass » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:04 pm

Hi everybody folks! My name's Nick and I'm an italian bass player and music teacher, I ran into this site and decided immediately to log in because I love fretless bass and I'd like to share my thoughts with everybody....cheers!

Jason

Post by Jason » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:49 pm

Hi Nick, nice to meet you, What bass do you use :D are you in a band?
let us know whats goin down :D
cheers,
Jase.

FretLessSince68

Post by FretLessSince68 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:59 am

NickBass, welcome to the Fretless Bass Forum.

Your posts will be read with interest. I would very much like to see your contributions here.

One subject that has not been addressed is bass soloing. We could use some insight into the thought processes that create a nice solo.
One good note makes my day.

NickBass

Post by NickBass » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:06 am

Jason, my fretless bass is a Tune wb6 6 strings equipped with piezo, while my fretted axe is a TRB yamaha 5 strings: I love both of them!
I play on a couple of cover bands, we play '80s hits (which is fun) and newer hits (not so fun),and that's more or less work; then I have a band with older cats, we play some modern jazz (Corea, Hancock...), blues ,rock and funk, and that's definitly fun and great music! Then I do some session work (especially live )in my town and around, unfortunately not so much in these days...

FretLessSince68, thanks for your kind words! I am glad to be here and talk with other bass people...
Your suggestion is very interesting, as soon as possible I'll post something about soloing,it's something that I think fascinates all of us!