Hi I'm new here

HappyTom

Hi I'm new here

Post by HappyTom » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:37 pm

Greetings,

I'm new here... just bought a cheap Fullerton Fretless Bass for $89.00, and I have found a lot of good info on this fourm already. First time owning and playing a Fretless. I play some other instruments.

The neck on the bass that I bought, only has markings on the outside edge of the neck, no markings on the fretboard itself. There seem to be some markings miss towards the nut. Is there any thing you guys use or can suggest, that I can put on the side of the neck itself, to mark where each fret should be? Thanks.

Happy Tom :)

Jason

Post by Jason » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:10 am

Hi Happy Tom,

Welcome to the World of Fretless Bass, I'm pretty new here too, lots of good info here :D

Where are you from?

You could take your bass to a good luthier and ask to have the board marked out.
Good luck :)

NickBass

Post by NickBass » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:21 am

Hello Happy Tom, as Jason said the luthier's help is welcome in situations like this!
Maybe an unlined fretboard is more challenging, but personally I feel more confortable with a lined one... regarding the missing markings, was your bass already fretless or was defretted?

HappyTom

Post by HappyTom » Wed May 02, 2007 2:04 am

NickBass wrote:Hello Happy Tom, as Jason said the luthier's help is welcome in situations like this!
Maybe an unlined fretboard is more challenging, but personally I feel more confortable with a lined one... regarding the missing markings, was your bass already fretless or was defretted?
Hi, NickBass & Jason, thanks for your replies.. :)

My bass was bought fretless..
Around my area.. luthier's are just like the local music stores, thier prices are "double" even "triple" of what the norm is. Really sad. :roll:

I could just find each note, and put some small pieces of painters masking tape on the spots that are missing from the side of the neck..
I have really good "relative pitch".. so it's not a major deal. :wink:

Jason

Post by Jason » Wed May 02, 2007 7:18 am

Cool Tom 8)